Heather V. Adams, D.D.S.
Dr. Adams knew during her job as a dental assistant while in college that a career in dentistry was her dream job. A native of El Dorado, Arkansas, Dr. Adams is a graduate of the University of Arkansas with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems. She initially pursued a career with IBM before deciding to follow her dream of becoming a dentist. Dr. Adams returned to the University of Arkansas to fulfill pre-med requirements before continuing on to the University of Missouri, KC School of Dentistry. When asked why she made the decision to change careers, she says “because I believe this is the best job on the planet!” Dr. Adams truly enjoys understanding her patients’ needs and to help them reach their individual oral health goals.
She is also committed to lifelong learning and is constantly pursuing on-going dental education. Dr. Adams accrues over 100 hours annually in continuing education courses, participating in study clubs and collaborating with other dentists. She volunteers for the Samaritan House, Bentonville Bella Vista Daybreak Rotary, NWA Junior League, and other various local organizations.
Dr. Adams, her husband, and their pets enjoy an active lifestyle. When she is not helping others care for their smiles, Dr. Adams enjoys running, cycling, triathlon events, and being outdoors.
Education & Dental Organizations:
- Union High School – El Dorado, AR
- University of Arkansas – B.S., Computer Information Systems
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, D.D.S., Magna Cum Laude
- American Dental Association
- Arkansas State Dental Association
- American Association of Women Dentists – Past President
- Spear Center for Dental Excellence – Founding Member of Adams Spear Study Club
- The L.D. Pankey Institute